Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Things That Aren't Said Enough.

Less than a 8 months ago 
my best friend lost her father to cancer.

I can barely say those words out loud let alone 
write them down on paper...

The whole situation just doesn't feel right.
It doesn't seem real.
And when I stop and actually let myself think about it,
about what happened,
about who is missing,
about the irreversibility of the whole situation...

My head pounds and my heart aches. 


Death makes me feel like a kid.
A kid in math class, to be specific.

Errrr why?

Because I often remember sitting in the front row, 
looking at the board and just feeling so helpless.
I just didn't get it.
And I mean, really didn't get it.
I hated everything about math.
And had trouble doing everything... you name it! 
Things like algebra,
adding negative integers,
and let's not forget those bloody word problems.

Ugggggggh, 
I HATE WORD PROBLEMS!
But all I can really remember 
(other than the damn word problems)
is how math made me feel.

Confused. 

Frustrated.

Utterly helpless. 


And to lose someone like Peko well.... he was "originality" at it's finest.

Peko knew what he liked and knew what he did not like.
He told you truths about you that normally take a life time to figure out.
(He would do it over morning coffee...like it was nothing)

HAH.

He was a gracious man with a wicked sense of humour.
And a laugh that would make anyone look twice.
I was in awe of him.
He was a delight.
A man that always left an impression on me.
A man I will always miss.

I am thinking of you Peko.
Just wanted you to know.

Lolo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive