Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Birthdays that go BOOM!

Today is Dave's birthday.




David Author Wells is one of my older brothers.
He is the most serious and responsible of the three.
Bryan has always been a bit crazy, all over the place and outgoing, like me.
My little brother Everett was the one I could boss around. Make him play horsie with and beat him up if he refused.
But David always reminded me a lot of my dad.

Growing up, I often thought, I don't need another "dad" bossing me around and telling me what to do!
All throughout high school, he called me out constantly for fighting with mom or
doing something really stupid, which happened often.
I did a LOT of stupid things in high school.
When I moved away for university I remember thinking finally
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!
No Dad, no Dave, no ANYONE telling me what to do.
*happy sigh.

But the truth is, Dave's voice got stuck in my head.
I couldn't do anything really stupid without hearing him say,
"Lo, do you really need to do this?"
Bahhhhhh!.

Now that I am older and wiser, I see why it was so important to have a Dave in my life.
Thank God Dave was serious and responsible – he had to be, for all of us!
Throughout all these years, he has been our ROCK.
He cares about his family. A lot.
So much that he will go above and beyond to help you whenever possible.
He is thoughtful and always kind.
Generous with family and practically a natural when it comes resolving problems & disputes
(there are a lot in our family - hah)
He makes time to listen but will also take charge and be a leader
when decision needs to be made and shit needs to get done.
And Jesus, his pain tolerance is impressive! He should have rowed :-)
The truth is, Dave has saved my butt numerous times. He has given me great advice over
the years, even when it came to men – ugh!
He has taught me a lot about love, life and what it means to be a good friend, sister and
 partner.
And he is one of the only people who can make me laugh at the worst of times!

Happy Birthday Dave.
I think you are pretty great and it's official,
You are my favourite brother now! Shhh, don’t tell Bry and Ev.
;-)
Love, Lo


1 comment:

Blog Archive