Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Bat Came Back, the VERY next day...

Another bat greeted us last night, as we came into the house.
The one the night before had been sucked up by the vacuum but this one was harder to catch.
So instead of helping JL try and solve the problem, I suggested we take some pictures for 
the blog...seemed like the most appropriate way to make light of serious situation.
No?
So while JL was being productive, checking for openings, lighting a fire, cleaning up poop...
...Erin, Tina and I were taking pictures.
(Yes - he is a SAINT for dealing with the likes of us!)
The night kinda happened like this.
(think of the music from Wayne's World here, when they do the flash backs)


So this is us, all wearing hats? Clearly NOT afraid of the bat.
THESE ARE OUR "I AM SCARED OF BATS" FACES.
Niiiiiiiiiiice.


In this picture, Erin is telling Tina what happened when we came home.
About upon our arrival at the house (30 mins earlier than Tina and JL)
 we discovered the bat. We discovered it by it flying at 
BOTH of our heads! I mean it STRAIGHT ON!!!
Erin hit the floor first with her cat like reflexes and crawled under the kitchen table seeking shelter -
SCREAMING!
(the bat was flying low too so it was just FREAKING the crap out of her)
(soooo funny)
At this point I was laughing WAY too hard to be scared - it's
not often I get to see Erin so scared and screaming and well...my sides couldn't take it.
I was laughing so hard (forgot about the bat completely)
that I hit the floor for very different reasons...


Tina's face says it all in this picture.

"You did WHAT Lauren?!? YOU PEED ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR?"

Jesus.

I COULDN'T HELP IT! 
I have a weak bladder and oh my gawd, 
when under EXTREME scary/funny situations 
(especially with bats)
I just, well, LAUGH!
So hard in fact that clearly, sometimes (rarely) I can't fight holding it in.
And yup, it just happens. Peeing on the floor that is.
Of course I am embarrassed but it's fine, right? Just pee?
I cleaned the floor and their as GOOD as new.
(pee is really just water people, especially mine so BEAT IT!)

As for the whole bat situation/problem...we are seeking professional help.

DON'T WORRY!

And yes, I have considered diapers but this only happens ONCE every 
blue moon really....it's been years. In fact, the last time I couldn't
control myself it was at the cottage watching my father and both Bryan and David
swing at a bat with fishing nets and tennis rackets.

TOO FUNNY RIGHT?!?
And before that, Jeanne's kitchen floor but that is a whole other story.

So....yeah, about that local sports team...
Have a good day, nice to be back in Ottawa.
Kinda - hah!

1 comment:

  1. You crazy something! Are you coming back to Toronto before you are off to the Desh? I hope I get to see you!
    Maryem :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive