Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ohhh stop, of course it's SAFE!

So...yeah.

I didn't want to write this right after it happened, in fear that both my parents might have minnie heart attacks....but indeed, I did participate in the celebration of Eid.

WHAT IS EID?

Among several festivals celebrated by Muslims, Eid- Ul- Adha is also one of the special festivals of Muslim. Eid- Ul –Adha is also known as Bakr- Eid and festival of sacrifice. On this festival Muslims sacrifice their domestic animals like goat, cow etc.
Muslims celebrate the festival of Eid- Ul –Adha with lot of enthusiasm, enjoying each and every moment. On this day Muslims dress themselves in new clothes. Early in the morning prayers are recited by them to remember God.
After the breakfast the animal is forfeited and then the meat of the slaughtered animal is distribute among the neighbours, friends, family and poor people. It is believed that the meat of the sacrificed animal must be distributed in three equal parts among neighbours and friends, family members and poor people.

And to be honest...this is me talking now (did not write that last part, thank you wiki)

I was really surprised about how I felt....it really felt like a big party, celebration, fun festival from beginning to end. I saw so many people dresses up that day, friendly crowds filled the streets, family and friends cheering and helping each out with the sacrifice - I watched it all! And most importantly, I saw the faces of those around me.

Emotions of what I interpreted as happy, focused, excited, surprised, impressed, relieved...ha!

And for ONCE people weren't starring at me! Well, not so much.
They were just too busy having a good time - it was brilliant.

However, I did have a few moments (which followed for days after) of oh gaaawd - what smells so bad?

Here are some of the photos I took but again, I don't think they do the day justice.

Wish you guys had been here...well, errr maybe.....;-P


Some cows were brought in from as far away as Nepal.

This house had eight cows...that is A LOT!



She seemed nice...




Balloon Party - reminded me of nights working at the bar in Toronto!
 Ewww sucking on too much helium - yuck.




I met him while on my way to tennis...I almost peed my pants I was so scared.
But by the time I got to where I was going...I had seen 10 men like this and 
well, so what? It's just a long SHARP OBJECT to cut with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive