Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 July 2014

Summer Style a la Lauren - Part Deux

I have been getting made fun of for a while about
what I wear during workouts.
Fact.

However,
I recently joined a tennis club in Calgary that is 
not really snobby....but kinda.
The tennis dress code has clearly been broken by yours truly 
and although no one has really said anything to me directly 
(Canadians are too nice sometimes)
I can FEEL
the stares,
the comments, 
and the shopping suggestions that people are thinking.
Yeah, it's my sixth sense.

OH Lauren!
HOW BAD CAN IT REALLY BE?
I thought you'd never ask
(grinning)

You be the judge(s).


We got the old granny tank top from the cottage.
A second hand tennis skirt that has no built in shorts so 
~ BLOODY HELL ~
if you forget to wear spandex shorts underneath the skirt rides up like CRAZY!
(Awesome Lauren, awesome!)
(And yes, I know - I know. I am a teacher and there are kids everywhere at the club)


The old tennis head-band isn't really your normal tennis head-band....


...in fact, it's more like something you would wear while hiking.
Okay, it's totally something not for tennis but for hiking.
An old "borrowed" item from a wonderful, sweet, lovely
 ex boyfriend
(a.k.a. Thanks Amesbury - you're the BEST!)
Tee - hee.


Okay ~ I know!
Not the best look (side bang-swipe-look) 
However,
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the fact that
BANGS SUCK WHEN PLAYING SPORTS!
They get all wet, don't stay straight, and well, begin to curl
and turn into the poodle-muff-fluff that I have to FIGHT every morning when I wake up!
Arrrrrrgh!
Yes,  EVERY BLOODY MORNING!
(again, who said that bangs were a good idea? Worst idea EVER Lauren!)

I wish, I could say that the photo below is simply a symptoms from
me being colour blind...but unfortunately, 
I am not.


Yeah - yeah.
Not the best duo but those socks are so comfy!
Yeah - yeah.
I can hear the sighs from here and well, 
STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES!!!
You know what I say to all your nay-sayers?
EAT MY SHORTS !!!
(if I was wearing some under my skirt - which by the way
gave me the worst case of....STOP!!!
Too much information Lauren!)

So...yeah.
I went shopping and bought two new tennis outfits
(found the shirts in the men's section - hahah!)
and
wanna know the best part?!?
I BOUGHT A NEW 
SNAZZY TENNIS BAG!!!
(clearly that will help me play better tennis and 
has everything to do with my terrible outfit choices)
Indeed.
Photos of super-DUPER bag coming soon, so stay tuned.
(Peeing your in pants with excitement and suspense, right?)

I knew it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive