Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 August 2016

Family Time? My Cup NEVER Runneth Over (a.k.a. Not Enough Time)

When living abroad and coming home for the summer... 
It's hard to say good-bye to family when you've 
missed almost a year of their lives.


But it's even HARDER to explain
how much it hurts to see them living their lives without you... 
(And getting on, just fine for that matter)


How many times can you really say "I miss you"
before it starts to lose it's value?


Or even the words "I love you?"


Some moments are never to be forgotten...


While others, definitely are.


Whenever I travel home from overseas, 
I struggle with the idea of 
"coming home" or "moving back to Canada"
to be closer to family.


But when given the chance,
most people take for granted the proximity of family and 
suddenly you don't appreciate 
being home for dinner every Sunday night.

That doesn't happen when living abroad.


Why can't the grass be green on BOTH sides of the fence?


Sigh*

After all this time, 
I still don't know what to do.


So...yeah.
I am still percolating on this matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive