Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Yup - I Face PLANT Like Everyone (harrrrd)

So, I did something stupid.
Really stupid.

I ran without shoes and destroyed my feet.

Wait...what!?! 

Will you at least let me explain myself?
I can feel your judgments already.
Sigh*

It happened yesterday.
I wanted to "ride" up this hill on my new-amazing
bike and so BOOM!

Had the whole thing planned out!


Had my water bottles?
Check.
Had my bike?
Check.
Had my PUMP-IT-UP-MUSIC and PODCASTS?
Check.


But I had a bit of riding to do before I got there and so when I finally did get there...
....my legs would not go.
WHAAAAAAAAAT???
Okay-okay, explain yourself Lauren.
In other words?
Explanations that could be used as evidence to support my failed attempt:

1. Being out of shape
(Ummm, yeah. Most likely. Hate to say it but this gurrrl 
is still trying to find her biking legs - argh!)
or 
2. Falling halfway up the mountain because I tried to "clip-out"
(Bad move, DO NOT clip-out on a steep hill,
just keep going!!!)
or 
3. Road block in my head and had TOTALLY
psyched myself out.
(Which happens to most people, especially this guy!)


So what is a girl to do?
What would YOU do?
More importantly, what would RHIANNON do?

RUN IT OF COURSE! Why?
I was so angry.
So disappointed in myself.
So upset that I would not get to climb this amazing HILL!

I MEAN COME'ON!!!!!


So, I problem solved.
I found a place for my bike at the side of the road.
I took off my biking shoes.
Got my music pumping.
Picked a number I liked, which was four. Clearly.
(Because that is a great number and one of my favourites)
And decided to run all the way up and down that hill,
not stopping until I was finished the job.
Boom.


However, 
there was one thing I kinda over-looked.
While I was repeating a quote that I had heard in a great book called,
"Born to Run"

“Think Easy, Light, Smooth, and Fast. You start with easy, because if that’s all you get, that’s not so bad. Then work on light. Make it effortless, like you don’t give a shit how high the hill is or how far you’ve got to go. When you’ve practiced that so long that you forget you’re practicing, you work on making it smooooooth. You won’t have to worry about the last one – you get those three, and you’ll be fast.” 
  
Quote is from a man named Caballo Blanco


My feet were getting absolutely destroyed and 
so big and mushy that
I thought 
(while making the hour long ride home after the run)
 that I should cut those blister open and let them breath, right?

NO!
Never a good idea Lauren!
Leave blisters alone when they are one
the bottom of your feet!
ESPECIALLY WITHIN HOURS OF GETTING THEM!
Argh.

And so, that was dumb.
A stupid self-diagnosis and/or surgery gone WRONG!
And the result?

Far too painful.

Normally I would say stupid things like, 
no pain no grain,
or
hurt so good,
or
Love it, HECK YEAH!!!

But

Traveling with sore feet is the worst.
And airports are CRAP when you have to walk a lot
and have REALLY-REALLY sore feet.

Double Argh.

Shall we review?
I battled the beast and lost harrrd.
BIT-THE DUST.

Calder Road, you win.
I lost.
Good fight.
YOU WIN!!!
Until we meet again.



SO...YEAH.




1 comment:

Blog Archive