Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 January 2012

Gotye's Song = Slow Burn

Not sure if anyone has heard of this song...its become quite popular (it's now playing on the radio, the artist's name is Gotye not Sting). A guy sent this song to me a while ago and well, I was stunned. Even a little hurt. However he couldn't have made his message clearer, right? And if you have no idea what I am talking about, listen to the song and then you will say WHOA LAUREN: You really did get BURNED!


This weekend I participated in a job fair that reminded me of this song.
Lauren goes into the interview and sits down: first minute they want you to know they picked you because your special, next minute you are being told you're a great "fit" for them, soon you become perfect for the job and you yourself are enjoying the compliments and picturing a friendship forming then, before you even know what's happening all good feelings gone...
The position has already been filled.
Really?!?
Thank gawd I am not a sucker or naive.
To sum up:
 Job fairs are great because you learn a lot and can meet some fabulous people.
(I learnt so much this weekend I have new chest hair to prove it)
Second sum up:
Now when I hear the song I have another reason to wallow in self pity.
AWESOME.
thanks Gotye
(cough-cough-jerkface)
:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive