Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

What can I do more of...?

Someone asked me on New Years Day, what I learnt about myself/life in 2011?
Ughhhhhhhhhhh.
I hate these self-reflective, therapeutic, crap type questions and normally avoid them easily. This time however, the question kinda stuck and sadly been nagging at my busy, little, delightful thoughts...BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I woke up and decided its time to finally put this question to rest.
So after careful consideration and 16 days of procrastination (it takes me a while to process things) this is what I came up with...
Question: What did I learn in 2011? 

Knitting is really not my strong suit.


Getting too excited about investing in yourself is never over rated...even if it means taking our a student loan - gulp; don't think about it Lauren!


Dark chocolate coffee beans are extremely DANGEROUS! 
I am a sucker for these little nuggets and limiting myself is crucial (4 or 8 is my max, I'm not joking). 
They don't hit you right away but when they do...OHHH dio!
My hands tremble and my left eye sometimes twitches! 
I don't understand it either, its a love & hate relationship.


In la suisse, my friends would always remind me to "controllez vos chausseurs Lauren: ça pue!" Translation? You're shoes freaking REEK! Its taken me years but I think I have finally found the perfect technique to maintaining good smelling shoes and happy feet!
Thank goodness for constructive criticism from love ones ;-)

The one (and most important thing) that I have learnt in 2011 is how freaking essential it is to tell those folks around you how much they mean to you. Even if its done in a way that is completely silly and ridiculous - its the thought that counts, right? I know what your thinking...cheeeesey! True.
But really - when did showing too much love become a bad thing?


I think I can do an even better job at showing my love to friends, family and strangers..tee-hee!
So this is my pledge for 2012. 
(same as last year but hey, I can't be original all the time) 
Leaving you with this thought;
BOOM!

Think about it.


1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    I read your blog today.
    You are not only smelly, but clever, creative, and seemingly obsessed with photos of yourself.
    What a Wells!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive