Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Needed some color today :-)


 Created by John Morse, these traffic warning street signs written as haikus appeared on poles around the big apple (New York city). When asked what he liked about doing this project John said "It's fun because it's dreadfully serious - the subject" (Lauren insert: yes, I concur!) "And yet, you don't have to bang people over the head"
Lauren's Note: I bike a lot, even in the winter like so many people in Toronto
 (there is no snow here and well, it's not Ottawa ;-) 
And sometimes you are right, it SUCKS to bike but most of the time (for me anyways) if I am prepared for the weather than it feels sooooo good and sooooo BAD-ASS to be on a bike getting to where you need to go just as fast if not faster than traffic! 
Some days biking feels very safe; like nothing could touch me at all. Other days of course, I am shaking like a leaf because someone almost or softy hit me.
Biking reminds me that I am not invincible but at the same time I am completely free.
Yup, I know.
Weird Lauren :-)
p.s. This post could not have been possible without the help of a small & lovely architect friend:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive