Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Dreams of Failure Woke Me Up with a Lovely Kiss

Who knew that J.K. Rowling was so bloody interesting?

I sure didn't.

After watching her talk online (an old speech given in 2008 at Harvard) I just had to post this quote.

“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.”
J.K. Rowling



I am also a liar.

Jane Thornton is the REAL reason I found out about Rowling's talk on-line.
She came to Branksome Hall as a keynote speaker last week for our UN Culminating task and well, 
did such a fabulous job talking about how failures had helped her so much along the way
that I just had to find out more about this quote she used in her presentation!

And I guess? 
The students were so inspired they wrote stuff like this...

“The thing that I learned from Ms. Thornton's speech was that you do not have to dedicate your life to helping people, you just need to stop ignoring them as human beings"


Gr. 7 Girl named Izzie

People really are amazing, aren't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive