Total Pageviews

Friday 24 August 2012

A Guest Appearance...

Good Morning people of Lauren's world!  This is Erin making a guest appearance.  I know you don't know me... and I don't know you, but Lauren has begged me to make a guest appearance... something about being exhausted, Dhaka, wedding, quotes, yada yada yada.  It's always something with this one! Je joke Lo! Je joke!

Now, I don't have much to say, and I'm assuming she just wants something typed so y'all know she's still alive.   Don't fret, she's still alive, she'd call you but she lost her cell phone yesterday (a great Lauren Wells story... ask her about it some time!)

Today is the Day of the Eve of our dear friend, Tina's, wedding.  Lauren, being the Maid of Honour, is off to help the bride with last minute stuff.  I, on the other hand, have very little responsibility.  I only have to make a delicious, beautiful wedding cake for 80 people... no pressure.  I think Lo forgot about this part and that's why I'm sitting here typing instead of decorating the cake! 

It is also the Day before the day before the day that my dear friend leaves on her great adventure.  I can't tell you enough how excited I am for her.  She is going to make Dhaka her home and win the hearts of those around her.  (If you're reading this and you're a new teaching friend of Lauren's - CONGRATULATIONS... you are a very lucky person to have her damn sunshine brightening your world!)  I am also so, so, so excited for her students. Lo, you're going to be one of those teachers who make a difference.  You're going to be GREAT... not just good, or average... GREAT!  Your passion, dedication, and enthusiasm are things to admired and emulated.

Wow! Don't know think that's where Lauren thought I would go when she asked me to write today. I think she thought it was going to be light and funny, but I'm tired and funny take energy!

So that's it... I'm going... a cake to decorate.  I'll have Lo post a photo of it... well only if it turns out properly!

Good bye friends of Lauren... I hope you all have a wonderful day... it's sunny and beautiful and I'm sure there's a patio somewhere calling your name- have a drink for me... or maybe I'll have one for each of you when I'm done the cakes! Yeah, that sounds like a better idea! I'll have a drink for you!  Thanks for being you and giving me a reason to drink (ha! now that was funny!!!)

Happy Friday to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive