Total Pageviews

Monday 7 January 2013

Sure, I LOVE parties...what we celebrating? I beg your PARDON!?!

What does a circumcision party look like?.

GOOD QUESTION.

It's not every day I get invited to such an event but this was my lucky day.
(well, technically lucky weekend because that's when it occurred)
I was NERRRRVOUS!
SO what does a girl do when she has no idea what kind of party she has been invited to?
Well get all dolled up of course and 
(gulp) 
put on a pretty face......or at least try.

Some pictures of the magical event.

Getting all perrrdy before meeting the men outside for food, present giving and more FOOD!
(one of Siddik's sista's....terrible at remembering names - UGH!)

HELLOOOOOO Men!!!

This is the man of the hour himself - do you see a frown anywhere on that face?

Siddik and his sister...he was so serious and his sister Leeza was giggling only seconds later.
(I was trying to make Siddik laugh - no dice)
Two princesses decided to grace us with their presence.
(This is little Happy and her cousin...forget her name! BAH!)

Family shot.

So many people to meet, kids to shake hands with and so much AWFUL Bangla to practise - UGH!
I am convinced that my Bangla is matched in terms of my tennis skills.
THIS IS PROBLEM
(I won't reveal how often I practise tennis/study with tutor Bangla)

Not sure what was going on here - clearly I am picture FOCUSED!

Right before I had to go, this little guy bring out this DYNAMITE hat.
I am telling the camera man to hold on a second... I needed a picture wearing this HAT!

The kid with the hat ran away never to be seen again...
BAH!

Ohh the head tilt - classic Lauren...who is that cutie, hiding in the back?

Happy and I pretended to pose with this stranger's baby for the picture but we both just REALLY wanted
to steal her for ourselves...and we did...and then, we were caught.
(the father chased after us - kinda funny/terrifying)

And that my friends is what happens at a circumcision celebration.
(we ate a lot, laughed even more, TONES of pics, and threw flowers around - typical wedding)

There is another one happening this weekend - I'm SO THERE!
(And this time with a hat)

BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive