Total Pageviews

Friday 10 May 2013

More Coffee Tasting? No, certified Barista - WHOA!

Okay - okay, esay tigers!

Not so certified that I could make an AMAZING cappuccino

BUT

I did learn a thing or two about being a Barista...and some good tips

about ordering coffee in general.

1) It's espresso, not expresso - DUH!





2) Milk gets sweeter when you heat it up (between 60 -70)
but NOT above or it's too hot to drink - ouch!
(I can't feel my tongue)



3) Taping requires patience and skill when being a Barista.


4) What is tapping? I am not really sure.
This is me trying to tap...




...so yeah. Still clueless and terrible at tapping.
(should go back and get a refund)

 5) I was really good at frothing milk, pouring and
(DRUM ROLL PLEASE)
designing/drawing with the FROTH!
Can you believe it?





Notice the improve from RIGHT to LEFT?
Oh yeah...I did good.


Then I made Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.
A natural, right?

So proud of my work that I refused to give it the 
his drink...well, no. That's a lie.
He didn't want my perfectly good Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.
Fine.
I WOULD have refused, had the a customer WANTED my brilliant concoction.

Jerk.


6) Last but not least, learnt that I love coffee breath 
and need to end up with someone who like coffee as much as me.
(well not so much that they drink all my coffee)

  At this point in the year as a teacher, working coffee for the rest of my days
sounds like a better way to pass the time.

*le sigh.

Who needs a coffee?

2 comments:

  1. I've learned that it's much more efficient to use an IV and have the espresso injected directly into my bloodstream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr, I think I am qualified to say; You got's a problem honey.
      Just saying.
      ;-D

      Delete

Blog Archive