Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 July 2014

Rather go HIKING than STAMPEDING ~ YES please!

I had a choice while I was in Calgary.

Stampede?

Or

Hiking up a mountain?

I CHOSE MOUNTAIN - naturally!

Best way to catch up with a friend 
(in case you were wondering)


That was the goal, straight ahead!


Beautiful, period.



I couldn't stop taking pictures....I know, I know.
Get over it Lauren.


Easy part still....of course I was breathing hard just walking ~ !


An old pro with her walking stick....more like an old granny!


Squint much? Naw.


Can nothing like wearing recovery pants while walking....forward thinking!
(I knew I wouldn't be able to walk the next day)


Still can't get over the view.


Clearly Kate my guide is loving the walking stick look - bahah!


She wanted to run the whole way...I said no.





She stopped once so that I could take her picture....


...and smell the flowers....


...or do a groin stretch?!?


Easy path...so happy!


Taking shots of flowers....


...loving life!


Until we started walking UP ~ !
(that was a fake smile...legs were BURNING!)


Wow - so close, so close to the top!


Made it!


Feeling on top of the world.


Wish I could do this every other day
(one day in between to recovery)


The view - killerrrrrrrrrr!



Ahhhh!


Ohhhhh!


Sorry - it's just so pretty!


This is when we found out we were NOT the only people on the top of the 
mountain.


Can you see what I see?


Chipieeeeeeeeeeeee!


He was fed like a KING! 
(Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts...it was Chipie's Chrismtas!)


One last view shot before we head out!


Great day, awesome friend, perfect cairn, and wicked shades!
(take that UV light!) 


Lauren and her "european" scarf look - pffft!


Most BAD-ASS girl I have ever charged up a mountain with.
Really.
Thank you KATE!!!


She liked taking pictures of me fall on the way down...hahahah!


Catch me if you can...so QUICK on the way down.
(that is an outright lie - I hate going downhill)


Back to level ground and already want to head BACK up!


Love the big picture look.


And then there were these guys....


...pretty sure you need to be up IN the mountains - goaties!



They finally took off.
Back were you belong buddies...and we got home safe and sound too!

Ugh!

I'm tired just looking at these - gotta go take nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive