Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 August 2015

10 Reasons Why Getting Older Ain't that Bad (First Draft)

I have been arguing a lot with people lately.
About what?

Well...


ABOUT GETTING OLD = LIFE SUCKS
(A.k.a. that getting old is NOT fun).

That the real truth about getting old is that it makes life
sad,
depressing and,
even flat-out surprises some people 
because it just sneaks up on you and then once you realize it...
it's all downhill from there.

Really?
Wait, a minute. Can you repeat that?
Whaaaaat!?!
No way.
Nope, I don't get it.

I always thought being "old" or getting "older"
was cool?
Did I miss something?
Isn't that what we all wanted as kids?
Adults get to do whatever they want, right?
No rules?
No curfews?
No one telling them what to do?


Look at my granny, owning it at 93 years old.
Coolest most easy-to-talk to woman I know.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO INSPIRE
to be like that?

This outlook on "getting old" angers me but also really scares me.


What if getting old is NOT what it's cracked up to be?

So I came up with an idea
(and got some help from some new and old friends)

WE MADE A LIST.
A list for why it's AWESOME and EXCITING to get older.
(especially in your 90's)

10 Reasons Why Getting
Older Ain't that Bad

#1.
Senior discounts are HUGE both in the 
U.S.A. as well as, Canada.
Everything from;
restaurants,
hotels,
entertainment,
phone contracts,
flowers
car rentals,
transportation, 
YOU NAME IT!

And the best part?
A lot of other countries also have these special discounts for
people who are older...so GET EXCITED!

(Clearly I'm excited about this! 
My dad has ALWAYS been a fan of this (my Pop's in pic below).
He's always been after the "Seniors discount"
Classy dad, CLASSY!)


#2.
Some of the best looking teeth in the world.
You can GUESS why?
Fake teeth = PErrrFECT teeth!

ANOTHER THING TO LOVE
ABOUT GETTING OLDER
(Or do you wanna look like this guy below?
NO TEETH?!?
I didn't think so)


#3.
Your SEX LIFE is the BEST it's ever been. 
(Pardon me? You are joking right.)
I do not joke.
I will repeat.
Studies show that as you get "older" your sex life
IMPROVES
and
 according to studies become more enjoyable 
in your 
40's, 50's and 60's.
(crickets)
YOUPEEEEEEEEE!


Well....who knew?
(I sure didn't but guess what? I will take it and get excited about that!)

Next.

#4.
You finally know WHO you are.
(And you don't really care WHAT people think because...
...you're so old!)
Bahahhah.
Examples?


Best SPICE GIRLS possy I have ever been apart of.
Hands down!


Go SPORTY GOOOOO!!!!


I have never had so much fun...and NO ONE my age would 
have been as CRAZY as these ladies.

No one.


Another example  of one of the most delightful, 
fun, 
silly, 
generous
"older" ladies I have ever met.


The best part?
She is pretty important in her career and well....
it don't matter!!!
She knows who she is and she 
know how to WORK HARD but also
PLAY HARDER.


Just ONE of MANY amazing "older" people that I know whom 
I respect, look-up to and fiercely adore.


True story.


(If I could live life the way she does at her age,
I would be so happy and proud of myself.
Here's to trying!)


#5.
You have time to visit the places 
you've ALWAYS wanted to see!


A little bit of London perhaps?


Or beautiful, secluded islands off Madagascar...


Ahhhh, a little night along the promenade.


Or the Canadian wilderness?


Okay, maybe a garden with flowers as big
as your head is not a REAL
destination...but you never know?


#6.
You can watch your kids 
(or if you are an auntie like me)
get older and support them...or is it SPOIL them?

Bahahha!
(I was TOTALLY spoiled as a kid...it was AWESOME!)


Thus why I SPOIL my nephews and nieces....naturally!


Have some chocolate Mal? It's all for YOU darlin'


Yup - brushing your teeth on the counter instead of standing up.
Crazy auntie Lolo let's us to ANYTHING!

Boom.


#7.
You probably own lots of STUFF!
Like what?
Money
Boats
Houses
Cars
Jewelry
Furniture
More furniture
More dishes than you know what to do with
Five TV's
SHOULD I GO ON?

And if you don't want them all?
YOU SELL THEM AND GET $$$.

SO yes, 
getting older = being RICH!
Fact.
I am looking forward to THAT!


Bahahhahaha.
(I am and will be the richest poor person I know!)

#8.
What about the simple pleasure of knowing and 
having a real understanding between 
WHAT IS IMPORTANT
and 
WHAT IS NOT IMPORTANT.




I feel like I have been trying to figure that out for
years...balancing between the two.
Comparing.
Failing,
Trying again, experimenting.
Succeeding.
And then failing again.

YOU DO GET BETTER AT THAT, right?
Sure as HECK hope so.
(Fingers crossed.
Or it's gonna be a long-long life full of drama and silly mistakes!)



That's all I got for now.

THUS WHY IT'S DRAFT #1.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive