Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 December 2015

Santa Says "Ho-Ho-HOME TIME!!!"

TIME TO GO HOME!

I never really knew how important Christmas was for me, 
until this year.
Don't get me wrong,
I don't like the whole-consumer-made-up-holiday-need-to-buy-stuff-for under
the-tree-to-be-happy!
(That is garbaggio in my mind)*

HOWEVER
If I may?

If there is one thing that this "time of year"
 does DO well, it's that people end-up spending time with one another.
Families, friends and love ones are driven?
Expected?
Forced?
MADE to spend time with one another, right?
(Again, perhaps for all the wrong reasons but still....)

CAN WE REALLY HATE ON A HOLIDAY THAT RESULTS
(most of the time)
ON PEOPLE SPENDING
 TIME WITH EACH OTHER?


Is is a bad thing to like Christmas?
Perhaps.
BUT
I do I like it?
Well....yeah.

WHY!?!
Because it reminds me of...

What it's like to be a little girl again.
It makes me want to give or think of others.
I briefly believe in magic again
(flying reindeer or Santa eating cookies)
I get to practise starting a fire...no, not in the kitchen but in a fireplace.
I get to drink mulled wine at night and Baileys and coffee for breakfast
(and no one will ask questions because it's JUST accepted)
I get to freeze my aRse-off while making a snow-fort and then 
endure the prickly pain in my hands and feet while my hands defrost.
Realising how good it feels to throw a snow ball in someones face or 
white washing your nephews and nieces.
OR 
Simple admiring the twinkle lights on tree with fresh powder snow...



Ohhhhh buggar.
I've totally been brain-washed.
Sigh*
I give up. No one should like Christmas.
Ever!
(hhahahahhahahahahhahahah)

So...yeah.
How about that local sports team?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive