Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 July 2016

Reading = A Sane Lauren

I have started reading again.

Stop that right now, cuz I know what you're thinking.

You're a teacher, you HAVE to read!!!
Well...yes and no.

For a long time, reading was like a chore.
I had to read certain topics.
Like what?
***
Eastern Philosophy like Hindusim and Kinsugi
Mesopotamia - cool
Domestication of animals - ugh
Human Evolution
Greek Gods - aren't they all beautiful?
UNESCO World Heritage Site - whoa, Canada is on the list!
The UN Sustainable Development Goals - uggh.
***
Shall I go on?
Fine, some of that stuff is FUN to read about 
but 
It kinda kills your spirit to read because you barely have enough
time in the year as it is...UNTIL NOW THAT IS!!!

READING HAS CHANGED ME!
Here are my thoughts on a regular basis.


Scattered.
Broken.
All out of order.
Out of place.
RANDOM.
Weird.
And terribly hard to organize in my head.
Which cause me to do things like:


Wear different shoes all day and not notice until I got home.
True story. 


Wear RIDICULOUS hats like this as an adult and think it's okay.
(For the record it's not)


My brain is so FRIED that I often see my fruit as underwater creatures and 
start talking to them, 
giving them names
and drawing on them.
(cough-WEIRD-cough)


My favourite is when I am so SCRAMBLED in my head that I catch myself seeing things...
...that aren't there?
HEY! 
Was there not someone just there?
I swear I saw a man...

Or simply, my brain is flooded with ideas, noise and chaos that I  
I struggle to mak decisions.


LAUREN, MAKE A DECISION ALREADY!

But 
since I started reading this summer - ahhhhhh!
Nothing but this:


Ordered thoughts.
Clear images.
One idea at a time.
Right to the point, well almost.
(sometimes I get a little too excited and trail off)
But most of the time, 
focused,
and happy to be silent.
Ahhhh.
Well, yes.
Of course,
I'm still a little weird but at least people can understand me!?
Of course it has NOTHING to do with sleep.
It's about reading - stick to the programme!
Sigh*
I am finally speaking and everyone around me can understand.

YAY!
Success.
I win.
Time for bed.
Sleep is the best.
Boom.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive